Paintings by numbers: instructions on how to draw correctly
You just need a bowl of water to wash your brushes, a few drip wipes and a little patience
The algorithm for working with a painting is as follows: :
- Find the correct pigment number that matches the painting number you want to paint over.
- Paint over a piece of painting with the appropriate paint number. Important: if the paint is too thick, it can be thinned with water!
- After finishing some numbers, the brush should be washed. Important: do not mix colors!
- Using a dry brush, move on to the next number
- Color in all the numbers on the canvas and you will see the result of your work.
- The paints dry very quickly! Make sure the lid of the paint cans is tightly closed when not in use.
- Don't leave brushes in the paint! Wash the brush thoroughly immediately after use.
- The paints have a fixing power, so they cannot be washed off after drying.
- Do not let the paint dry completely on your hands, clothes or interior items! Wash it off as soon as possible.
- Do not give to children under 3 years of age - contains small parts!
Tips for drawing
So, in front of you is a set of coloring pages for adults by numbers and you can't wait to start creating your masterpiece. The tips below will help you paint a picture so that you can be proud of your work, and when you finish coloring, you will hardly be able to guess that the picture was drawn in this way (by numbers).
Conventionally, all recommendations can be divided into 3 groups:
- Drawing rules and sequence.
- Rules for the use of paints.
- Brush care rules.
Of course, in this article it is impossible to tell and describe all the nuances that exist, since painting is a real art. We just tried to summarize the already accumulated practical drawing experience together with the recommendations of various manufacturers and lay it out in the most accessible form. So:
Rules for the sequence of drawing pictures by numbers
Preparation of paints
Before you start drawing, you need to carefully prepare the paints. In our sets, paints are ideally matched to the color scale and presented in the right quantity so that your future masterpiece is guaranteed to be similar to the original, or maybe even better !
It all depends on you!
Pay attention to the numbering of the paints in the containers.
When painting pictures by numbers, it is imperative that the numbers on the containers match the numbers on the canvas. Some plots imply the use of several containers with the same paint color, respectively, these paints have the same number.
Open paint bottles carefully, without using force - this can damage the bottle. To prevent the paint from drying out, always open only those paints that you really need at the moment.
For convenience, place the following items at your place: an image of the finished painting, paints, a brush, a canvas with an applied outline, a control sheet, a glass of water, a piece of cloth and matches for stirring paints. It is better to choose a place with good lighting.
Stroke large surfaces first with a thin brush, and then paint over the surfaces with a thicker brush. Make sure you paint over the contour lines. It is normal for dark paint to color better than light. If the outlines or numbers show through, paint over them several times.
How to hold a brush
Hold the brush like a pen. For stability, place your hand on the surface and rotate the painting so that its position is convenient for you.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to the order in which pictures are drawn.
There are many drawing techniques
- You can draw a painting in a line-by-line fashion, from the top of the painting to the bottom.
- However, you can achieve better results by painting from background to foreground, painting objects in the background first and then in the foreground. For example, you paint a landscape. In this case, the order of drawing is as follows: Sky; clouds? field? trees? leaves? flowers.
Sometimes the question may arise: paint a picture by numbers or by colors? some users have identified two options:
- In the sequence of numbering the colors in the set:
- from an increase in the total number of areas and contours that need to be painted with one color, to a decrease. Example: paint # 1 in a set needs to paint 15 contours, and paint # 2 - ten contours;
- from a larger total area of the contours, which must be painted over with one color, to a smaller one. This can be assessed visually "by eye".
- In sequence from lighter shades and colors to more saturated and darker onesThis is due to the fact that in case of an error in coloring, it is more difficult to paint over dark parts with light paint than light parts with dark paint. In other words, to paint a dark part with white paint, you need more layers, and vice versa: you can paint a light part with dark paint in one layer, that is, it is much easier.
As you can see, there are many variations and interpretations of color by the number technique. Various combinations and alternations of techniques and techniques are also possible, giving us an infinite number of options. In other words, you are absolutely not limited by anything, except your imagination, desires and skills. Do not get hung up on anything: you need to draw in the way that is convenient for you, pleasant and comfortable. Just start drawing a picture, and in the process you will understand which technique and method of drawing is the most pleasant and convenient for you.
For a perfect image of the finished painting, paint over the unpainted areas and the numbers showing inside. As in art galleries, it is necessary to consider and evaluate a painting from a distance of 2-3 meters.
Notes for skilled artists
The paint effect can be enhanced by applying different paint thicknesses. To do this, apply the remaining paint in a thick layer to the elements of the image that you want to emphasize. This will give the painting a embossed effect.
After drying, acrylic paints acquire a light gloss and a beautiful appearance. Paint surfaces can be wiped with a slightly damp cloth. Additional care is not required. If desired, a week after the painting has dried, you can cover its surface with a special painting varnish. A glossy varnish will enhance the liveliness of colors, while a matte varnish will remove glare. Varnish can be purchased in specialized stores for artists and craftsmen.
Rules for the use of paints
To paint without problems, you must follow the rules for using paints. This is extremely important!
Therefore, we ask you to carefully read the following rules and follow the drawing instructions.
Important: as soon as the paint cans are opened, the life of the paint becomes limited!
Open the paint cans just before you start painting. It is very difficult to pack quick-drying paints in such a small volume (about 3 ml) so that they can be stored for a long time, although they meet this requirement. However, as soon as they open, the paint can dry out. Therefore, the amateur artist should finish the painting as soon as possible after opening the paint cans.
Use a brush to remove any dried paint from the lid back into the jar. Boxes in a store or warehouse may have been stored upright. Therefore, when you open the jar, there may be some color on the lid.
Although the paint containers are hermetically closed and specially designed to retain all the properties of the paint, the paint in them may thicken slightly during storage, for example, due to temperature changes. To” revive ” the colors and use them again, just add a few drops of water to them and mix well. The colors are ready to be used again!
As soon as the paint cans are opened, try to finish the painting without long interruptions. After opening the containers, there is a possibility that the paints will dry out. After opening the paint cans, try to use them for a maximum of 12 weeks.
If you want to take a break from work, close the cans tightly, after removing traces of liquid or already dried paint from the lid itself, along the edges of the lid and the sealing grooves of the lid.
Τα σχήματα Α και Β δείχνουν την λειτουργεία υπολείμματα βαφής
In Figure A, the container is airtight because the edges of the container fit unhindered into the clean gaskets in the lid. The lid fits snugly against the edges of the jar.
In Figure B, the jar does not close properly. It can be seen that the remnants of the paint do not allow the lid to close tightly. So the air entering the container dries the paint. Therefore, carefully clean each jar before closing it. Remove any remaining paint from the edge of the can with your nail or cloth and round sealing grooves with a toothpick or large needle. Make sure the edges and lid are clean before closing the jar.
If you plan to take a break from painting for several weeks, close the paint cans tightly as described above, then wrap them in a damp cloth and place in a plastic bag or plastic box. This will help protect the paint from drying out. However, this can not be guaranteed. Once opened, the paints will remain ready for use and retain their properties for many months or years.
After each stop of the paint, the viscosity of the paints should be slightly adjusted to ensure the correct application. After all, paints contain water, which quickly evaporates from open containers. Therefore, the colors thicken a little. But this is easy to fix (see Rule 3).
Brush care rules
In order for the brush to serve you for a long time and with high quality, you must follow the following recommendations. Artists sometimes complain about the quality of brushes. However, in most cases this is due to improper Brush Care.
Most common mistakes
- Dont leave the brush on water.
- Never clean the brush with harsh chemicals.
- Never use a paintbrush to stir the paint.
- Do not brush off dried paint with your fingernails.
The brush consists of three parts: a handle, a metal holder and a fleecy part.
- After painting, immediately wipe off any remaining paint from the brush.
- Rinse your brush in clean warm water.
- Lather the brush gently and then rinse it again.
- Wipe the water off the brush in a rotating motion. The paint should not remain on the end of the metal mount.
- Use your fingers to return the fluffy part of the brush to its original shape, forming the tip.
- Lay down the brush and let it dry on its own. Do not use a heater or hair dryer!
The most important rule is not to be afraid! Paint for pleasure! Everything will work out! Happy coloring and shopping!